Monday 20 November 2017 – Sunday 7 January 2018
Our much-loved Ice Rink received a brand new makeover in 2016 to celebrate its 10th anniversary the most striking of which was the addition of a clear roof, guaranteeing skaters a rain-free experience whatever the weather! The clear roof and open-air sides continues to offer great views of the Cathedral and the unique experience of ice skating in this incredible setting.
Book Tickets Online
Opening Times and Ticket Prices
Please give yourselves plenty of time to travel, park and get to the Ice Rink. At weekends during the Christmas Market the site is extremely busy and queuing systems are in place. We recommend you aim to arrive at least 30 minutes before your skating session is due to start.
Open every day (excluding Christmas Day): 10am*, 11.00am, 12.15pm, 1.15pm, 2.30pm 3.30pm, 4.45pm, 5.45pm, 7pm, 8pm
SUNDAY 24 DECEMBER 2017 – LAST SESSION 7PM
TUESDAY 26 DECEMBER 2017 – FIRST SESSION 11AM
SUNDAY 31 DECEMBER 2017 – LAST SESSION 7PM
MONDAY 1 JANUARY 2018 – FIRST SESSION – 11AM
Adults £11.50 (Monday – Wednesday 10.00am – 2.30pm sessions: £9.95)
Children 4-7: £6.95
Children 8-18: £9.50
Student / Senior £9.50
Family Ticket (2 Adults & 2 Children)
Group of 15+ – 10% discount
**£6.95 Child 2-3, *£11.50 Parent and Toddlers (Monday – Wednesday 10am session: £9.95)
Sessions last 1 hour (includes time to fit skates so expect 45-50 minutes on the ice).
Booking fees apply.
* the 10 am session from Monday to Friday until 15 December and from 2-5 January are reserved exclusively for Parent and Toddlers (children aged 2-4 years old accompanied by an adult). Parents and Toddlers can also join the 11 am, 12.15 and 1.15 sessions (Mon-Fri ONLY) until the 15th December, but these sessions will also be open for general admission.
** Available for sessions starting at 11 am – 1.15pm, Monday to Friday only, until 15 December.
View session times and further price options
- All tickets incur a 75p per person booking fee (£1 if booking by telephone) Capped at £5 per transaction.
- For all sessions, unless otherwise stated, the minimum age for children to skate is 4 years old. All 4 to 7 year olds must be accompanied onto the ice by an adult (someone 18 years old and above) in skates, up to a maximum of 5 children per adult. We recommend that children under the age of 12 are accompanied by an adult (the adult need not be skating).
- For wheelchair bookings please contact the box office directly
- Once purchased tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged unless a session is cancelled
- Penguin skating aids can be hired at the ice rink for £5, these are strictly on a first come first served basis and skating tickets are not refundable should a penguin not be available. Please arrive early for your session if you require to hire one as number are limited for safety reason.
New Pre-bookable Food and Drink Packages
The following exclusive food and drink packages can be pre-booked when you buy your Ice Rink tickets and can be enjoyed in the Ice Rink Café Bar & Kitchen following your skate.
- Child’s hot chocolate and cookie – £4.25
- Hot chocolate, coffee or tea with candied ginger shortbread – £5.00
- Blueberry mulled wine with minced pie – £5.00
- Bottle of beer or 250ml bottle of red or white wine with cinnamon popcorn and honey roasted mixed nuts – £7.00
- Glass of prosecco and canapes – £12.00
Taking Children Ice Skating
Please visit our Children’s Parties page for information about minimum ages, child supervision and the availability of fun skate penguins and bananas.
Parties and Private Events
Winchester Cathedral, with its Christmas Market, Ice Rink and stunning venues, is an ideal location for a Christmas party or to entertain friends, family, clients and colleagues.
View our Parties and Private Events page.
View our Children’s Parties page.
For group bookings please contact our Ice Rink ticket office by telephone on 01962 857 276.
Book Tickets Online