We know that when you’re planning an event, there’s a lot to think about. You want the right setting, food and facilities as well as excellent value for money and a professional service. Whether you’re planning a business conference, private party or wedding celebration our friendly and experienced team are here to help.
Why choose Winchester Cathedral?
Holding an event at the Cathedral is special. The Cathedral has a fascinating history. Royalty have married here, Jane Austen is buried here and 300,000 people come to visit each year.
- Central location – The Cathedral lies at the heart of Winchester and benefits from good transport links and easy reach of local amenities.
- Unique historic settings – From medieval buildings to marquees set in our superb grounds, all at reasonable rates
- Quality food – With many years’ successful experience, our events management and catering team places a strong emphasis on serving homemade, wholesome food.
- Advice and support – We don’t believe in one size fits all. Whatever your event, our job is to understand your needs and deliver the event you want.
- A variety of menus for your special occasion
- The option of specially commissioned dishes made by our chef
- A choice of a full sit down meal, a buffet or a barbeque
- Great wine list and fully licensed bar
- Waiting staff – all trained and carefully selected to make your event run smoothly
- Printing – advice on printing orders of service, menus, place settings and table plans
- Flowers – supplied by our team of expert Cathedral flower arrangers
- Photography – pictures can be taken in the Cathedral grounds
- Something special – private guided tours of the Cathedral and tower can be arranged
Holding your event with us allows you to use a stunning location while helping ensure we can conserve this great Cathedral for the future. All the proceeds from our events, hospitality and catering services support the work of the Dean and Chapter.
We offer a range of affordable venue hire and catering packages to suit your needs.
Many of our buildings are ancient, but we are committed to ensuring they are as accessible as possible to all our visitors.
Find out more
For event and venue hire enquiries please call 01962 57257 / 07807 628215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View our venues
Read about all our venues and flick through our venues gallery
Download our menus (PDF)
A range of high-quality menus to suit all budgets