December 6, 2019
Categorised in: Uncategorized
Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market has been short-listed as one of Europe’s top 20 Christmas Markets and with your help it could be crowned the best Christmas Market in Europe 2020!
Voting for Europe’s Best Christmas Market 2020 is live from 00:01 on 29 November – to 23:59 on 10 December: www.europeanbestdestinations.com/christmas-markets
Here are 10 reasons why you should vote for Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market as the best Christmas Market in Europe 2020:
- One of the best in Europe – Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market is frequently voted as one of the best Christmas Markets in the UK. In 2018, Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market was voted 2nd best in the UK by Booking.com and one of the top 8 Christmas Markets in Europe by the New York Post.
- A stunning location – Located in the historic Inner Close of Winchester Cathedral, our Christmas Market is a must-visit destination for lovers of history, architecture and Christmas alike. Enjoy the bustling festive whilst admiring views of Winchester Cathedral.
- You’ll be spoilt for choice! – Find the perfect Christmas present, with 112 chalets to explore selling tempting seasonal treats and exclusive gifts. 26% of traders are new this year, but you’ll still be able to find your favourite stalls.
- Value for money – Entry to Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market is free for all.
- Fabulously festive decorations – All chalets are bedecked with fabulously festive decorations. The Christmas Market is especially atmospheric at night, with the chalets adorned by twinkling festoon lighting.
- Artisan crafts – Don’t miss the Crafts Village, with a focus on artisan crafts and local produce.
- Late night shopping – Our late night opening hours are back for 2019, open from 10.00am – 6.30pm from Sunday to Wednesday and from 10.00am – 8pm from Thursday to Saturday
- Live music – Christmas carols and regular live music performances bring the Christmas Market to life
- Carol services – For a truly authentic Christmas experience, don’t miss the carol services in the Cathedral throughout December. Services are free and everyone is welcome.
- Get your skates on – At the heart of the Christmas Market you’ll find Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink, one of the best in the UK. Our spectacular Ice Rink has become a destination in its own right in recent years, and advanced booking is highly recommended. Book your tickets here.
Full details are available at www.winchester-cathedral.org.uk/christmas including the Christmas in Winchester Guide 2019, the definitive guide to Christmas events and services in Winchester, ‘England’s Christmas Capital’.