The stunning beauty of this medieval Cathedral gifted to us by the past is an inspiration to all who visit. Our commitment and challenge is to reflect that beauty in how we live every day – in our hopes and plans for the future, and how we worship, welcome and work with others.
Our Dean and Chapter are responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management of Winchester Cathedral. Supported by strong governance structures, it’s also their job to agree a clear overall approach and forward strategy that all can understand. This responsibility is formally laid out in the words below.
To discover and live out the beauty of holiness
Winchester Cathedral, dedicated to the Holy Trinity, seeks in its life to reflect the dynamic love of God revealed in Christ, through being both a servant of others in their journey of faith, and of the world in its search for meaning and inspiration, reconciliation and wholeness.
- To be a community of worship, witness and welcome with Benedictine priorities
- To witness beyond the life of the Cathedral to the universal identity of the Church
- To be a sign of the Kingdom to which God is calling through commitment to justice, the integrity of creation and healing in and between people
- To release and enable, within a caring, learning environment, the gifts of all members of the Cathedral community: lay and ordained, staff, volunteers and members of the worshipping community
- To work for collaboration, cooperation and effective communication at all levels of Cathedral life and beyond
- To conserve and develop the beauty of the buildings, contents and estates within our care
- To thrive and not just survive
Find out more
Read more about our worship
More about our Anglican faith, values and services
Download our Annual report 2015
A summary overview of our aims, activities and finances in words and pictures