The Cathedral is first and foremost a place of worship. It is also one of our great historic buildings with an incredible history, exiting events programme, world-class choir and extensive conservation programme – we’re keen to share our story.
See our press releases and news archive
Email out Marketing Department. For out of hours and urgent calls please call 07968 549 628.
How we can help
- We send regular media releases – please contact us if you’d like to receive them
- We allow coverage of most services and events although there may be times when the nature of a service limits access and permissions are required
- If we know you intend to cover a service or event, we will try to arrange adequate facilities in advance
- We have an ISDN line available for use
- We can provide additional electrical power via a dedicated sub-station with advance notice
- We have a strong signal to all communications satelites and links
Need to know
Copyright: Although special arrangements may be made regarding copyright, the intellectual property of Winchester Cathedral, its contents and environs will remain that of The Dean and Chapter of Winchester at all times.
Fees: News coverage will not normally attract a fee however, a fee may be charged for features-led items or those requiring special access.
For the Diocese of Winchester and Bishop of Winchester’s Press Office
Email Luther Pendragon, or call them on 020 7618 9197. For further information visit www.winchester.anglican.org
For the Church of England Communications Unit
Email the communications team, or call them on 020 7898 1326. Out of office hours, call 07774 800 212
For further information visit www.churchofengland.org
Find out more
Cathedral at a glance
Some facts and figures to give you a flavour of our work
Download a map of the Cathedral and Close (PDF)
Includes the Cathedral Office, Education Centre and Visitors’ Centre
View all our services
Detailed service times and information