We’re delighted to welcome you back. On this page, you’ll find the latest details including safety guidance and information to help you plan your visit. Our team are happy to help if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest health and safety guidance
We’ve made changes to keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means your visit will be a bit different to normal. Please follow the guidance below, and if you have any concerns, just ask. While the measures may feel odd at first, you can be sure of a warm welcome.
- LATEST UPDATE: Following the latest Government guidance, from 8 August, face coverings will be mandatory in all places of worship.
- All visitors to the cathedral are strongly advised to wear a face covering.
- Face coverings will need to be worn in the Cathedral shop, following Government guidance.
- To maintain social distancing, we have reduced capacity inside the cathedral and shop, and you may be asked to wait outside before coming in.
- There will be plenty of hand sanitiser available, and you will be asked to use it on your way into the building.
- Inside both the cathedral and shop, there will be signs indicating which routes to follow with separate entrance and exit doors.
- You will be asked to practice social distancing (2m).
We’re Good to Go!
Winchester Cathedral has been awarded the ‘Good to Go’ industry standard mark by Visit Britain. This official UK-wide mark means that you can be confident we are following Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, and that we have processes in place to maintain cleanliness and ensure social distancing.
The Cathedral is open to all visitors
The Cathedral is open to all visitors every day from 10am to 4:30pm. We can’t yet offer guided tours but there’s plenty to explore in this great Cathedral.
View information about your visit.
Kings and Scribes
Subject to any future Government changes, the Kings and Scribes exhibition will reopen on Monday 17 May, 2021.
Opening times are:
Public worship in the cathedral
Services in the Cathedral are now held daily, please visit the service listings page of our website for full details on upcoming services. Daily services will also be broadcast live on our Facebook page and YouTube channel, all are invited to join our growing online community.
The Refectory is open every day from 10am to 4pm, offering teas, coffees, cakes, sandwiches, salads and their famous sausage rolls!
Visit anytime between 10am-4:30pm. Our gift shop is open 7 days a week.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions the toilets are currently closed. The nearest facilities can be found in the town centre, opposite Marks & Spencer. Tours of the cathedral are not yet possible, but we’ll let you know as soon as we can safely start the tours again.
Supporting your Cathedral
As we begin the journey of recovery from the COVID-19 crisis, we need your help more than ever. Closing our doors to visitors has meant a significant loss of income, and with no regular Government or Church of England Funding we need your financial support. This will help us to support the community as well as preserve and protect this historic, sacred building for future generations. We will have contactless donation points available when you come into the cathedral. Thank you so much if you are able to give any donation.
Follow us on Twitter for regular updates of our phased re-opening.
To access our re-opening risk assessment, please click here.