Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink has become a must-visit Christmas experience in many people’s Christmas calendars. Running from 21 November 2019 to 5 January 2020, and surrounded by the world famous Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market, it is the perfect opportunity to wrap up warm and glide into the festive season in style!
Here are ten reasons why you should visit Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink this year:
- One of the top 10 Ice Rinks in the UK – Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink is recommended by Countryfile Magazine, Families Online and Days Out with the Kids and the Christmas Market is also one of the best in the country.
- A jaw-dropping location – Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink is spectacularly situated in the shadow of the magnificent Winchester Cathedral, one of the finest medieval cathedrals in Europe.
- The ultimate Christmas experience -The Ice Rink is located at the heart of Winchester Cathedral’s famous Christmas Market, so you can soak up the bustling festive atmosphere and browse 112 chalets selling Christmas gifts and tasty treats before or after you skate.
- It’s weather-proof! – The clear roof guarantees a rain-free skate so you can pre-book your tickets without worrying and enjoy your time on the ice whatever the weather.
- A family-friendly Ice Rink – With penguin and banana skate aids and Parent & Toddler sessions available for just £11.50, Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink is fun for all the family.
- Special offers – New for 2019, students can now enjoy 2 for 1 skate sessions on Tuesdays from 26 November – 17 December at 5.45pm, 7.00pm and 8.00pm with Student Nights at the Ice Rink. Skaters can also take advantage of the new Skate and Escape lunchtime offer, including a 30 minute skate and a sandwich for just £10 from 12noon – 3pm Monday – Friday until 19 December.
- Fabulously festive decorations – A Christmas Tree in the centre of the Ice Rink and twinkling festoon lighting will fill skaters with festive cheer.
- Excellent apres-skate – Enjoy a winter warmer from the brand new mulled wine and cider bar at the Ice Cafe, or sample one of our indulgent hot chocolates. The perfect way to warm up after your skate!
- Great ticket prices – Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink offers great value for money, with tickets from just £6.95 – £11.50.
- It’s easier to visit than ever before! – Book discounted return tickets to Winchester from 21 November – 22 December with South Western Railway and save up to 36% on rail travel.
So what are you waiting for? Get your skates on and book your Ice Rink tickets today!
Tickets from £6.95 – £11.50 are available from the Cathedral Box Office 01962 857276 or online. Advanced booking is highly recommended.
Visit www.winchester-cathedral.org.uk/christmas to plan your visit to Winchester Cathedral this Christmas. You’ll find lots of useful links including the Christmas in Winchester Guide 2019, the definitive guide to Christmas events and services in Winchester, ‘England’s Christmas Capital’.