November 21, 2018
Categorised in: News, Press releases
Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market has become a must-visit Christmas experience in many people’s Christmas calendars. Running from 17 November to 20 December with inspirational chalets selling gifts, homewares and crafts and food stalls, there is much to enjoy! Here are ten reasons why you should visit Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market this year:
- One of the best in Europe – Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market is frequently voted as one of the best Christmas Markets in the UK and has recently been recommended as one of the best in Europe by the New York Post!
- A stunning location – Located in the historic Inner Close of Winchester Cathedral, our Christmas Market is a must-visit destination for lovers of history, architecture and Christmas alike. Enjoy the bustling festive whilst admiring views of Winchester Cathedral.
- Value for money – Entry to Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market is free for all.
- You’ll be spoilt for choice! – Find the perfect Christmas present, with 112 chalets to explore selling tempting seasonal treats and exclusive gifts. 26% of traders are new this year, but you’ll still be able to find your favourite stalls.
- Fabulously festive decorations – All chalets are bedecked with new, fabulously festive decorations for 2018. The Christmas Market is especially atmospheric at night, with the chalets adorned by twinkling festoon lighting.
- British crafts – Don’t miss the British Crafts Village, with a focus on British traders and local produce.
- Late night shopping – There are new later opening hours for 2018, open from 10.30am – 6.30pm from Sunday to Wednesday and from 10.30am – 8pm from Thursday to Saturday
- Live music – Christmas carols and regular live music performances bring the Christmas Market to life
- Carol services – For a truly authentic Christmas experience, don’t miss the carol services in the Cathedral throughout December. Services are free and everyone is welcome.
- Get your skates on – At the heart of the Christmas Market you’ll find Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink, one of the best in the UK. This spectacular Ice Rink has become a destination in its own right in recent years, and advanced booking is recommended.
Full details are available at www.winchester-cathedral.org.uk/christmas including the Christmas in Winchester Guide 2018, the definitive guide to Christmas events and services in Winchester, ‘England’s Christmas Capital’.