December 6, 2018
Categorised in: Uncategorized
Want to capture that perfect festive photo? Winchester Cathedral is the ideal place to visit, with the spectacular Christmas Market and Ice Rink providing countless photo opportunities! We’ve found the 10 most photogenic spots to help you up your Instagram game this Christmas…
1) and 2) Winchester Cathedral (both inside and out!) – A must for your Instagram feed, capture beautiful photos of Winchester Cathedral both inside and out! It boasts the longest medieval Nave in Europe.
Photo tip: visit in the dark to capture the spectacular festive lights! #winchestercathedral
3) Pollyfields – Pollyfields is the first stall you’ll see as you enter the Christmas Market! Take the perfect Instagram photo whilst enjoying the festive scent of cinnamon and cloves! #pollyfields
4) Christmas Market – There are so many photo opportunities at this year’s Christmas Market, with 112 chalets selling fabulously festive gifts and delightful Christmas decorations. Don’t miss the exquisite decorations sold by the sisters of St Elisabeth Convent (Belarus) in the British Crafts Village. They use the money generated to support charitable projects in Belarus and their beautiful Russian Dolls will certainly brighten up your Instagram feed! #russiandolls #christmasdecorations #christmasinwinchester #christmasmarket
5) Roasted Chestnuts – Never before have roasted chestnuts looked this good! You’ll find roasted chestnuts and churros served from authentic Victorian costermonger’s barrows throughout the Christmas Market #chestnutsroastingonanopenfire #roastedchestnuts
6) Mulled Wine – A warming cup of Gluhwein served from a steaming copper pot is the ultimate Instagram opportunity. You can almost smell the mulled wine! #mulledwine #gluhwein
7) Ice Rink – Take a break from skating to capture a selfie on the Ice! With fabulously festive decorations, including a Christmas Tree and twinkling festoon lighting, Winchester Cathedral Ice Rink is Instagram ready this Christmas.
8) Ice Cafe – A cosy retreat at the heart of the Christmas Market, the Ice Cafe provides the perfect location to snuggle up and share your photos on Instagram. It also offers amazing photo opportunities, including a towering gingerbread house and tasty treats! #gingerbread #gingerbreadhouse #icecafe
9) Food Court – Visit our Food Court at the heart of the Christmas Market for some of the most Instagramable festive food and drink around! #bratwurst
10) Nativity Scene – Step inside the story at our Nativity Chalet and share the true meaning of Christmas! Inspired by drawings from local school children, this year’s Nativity Scene is the perfect place to end your tour of Winchester Cathedral Christmas Market #nativityscene
Follow us on Instagram
You can follow us on Instagram at @winchestercathedral. Don’t forget to share your photographs with us on Instagram using the hashtag #christmasinwinchester