COVID-19 update: The cathedral is not currently open for general visits or tours but remains open for private prayer and reflection 11-3pm. All services are now online only and everyone is welcome to join.
The Cathedral Chamber Choir
Winchester Cathedral Chamber Choir consists of around 30 adult singers from the surrounding area, making a rich and valued contribution to the Cathedral’s musical life. You can hear them sing at selected services and concerts throughout the year. If you would like to hear about upcoming services and concerts, the choir’s Facebook page will have regular updates.
- The choir’s members include people from all walks of life, and is open to anyone over the age of 18 with a love of choral music.
- The Chamber Choir sing at services and concerts during and outside of term time, mostly in the Cathedral but also in the diocese and further afield.
- The choir aims to complement, rather than duplicate, the Cathedral Choir’s repertoire, singing a wide range of music.
- If you live within the Diocese of Winchester and would like the Chamber Choir to sing a service at your church, please contact the Musical Director, George Castle.
How to join
- The Conductor is always happy to chat with prospective members. He is looking for adults of all ages with a love of sacred music, and the ability to adapt to different styles of music. Sight-reading skills and the ability to learn music quickly are also essential.
- Entry is by audition – a prepared solo of your choice and sight-reading tests.
Find out more
Email George Castle, choir’s conductor or call him on 01962 857213.